Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Houston, we have a problem...

OK, so there is no problem, well, not with me anyway... but that is the line that stood out to me most of the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 movie quotes. Quite a memorable list which includes many famous lines including "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore," "Bond. James Bond," and my boyfriend's favorite, "May the Force be with you." You can check them all out here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI

However, I couldn't help but notice a few important quotes were missing. Here are some of my faves that didn't make the list...

"You can't be the absolute final word on drivers licenses" ... "Girlie, as far as you're concerned, I'm the messah of the DMV." - Cher and the DMV guy from Clueless (1995)

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time." - Frank from Old School (2003)

"I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party." - Cal Naughton, Jr. from Talladega Nights (2006)

"PC lobe letter? What the f*ck does that mean?" - Michael Bolton from Office Space (1999)

"On wednesdays we wear pink!" - Karen from Mean Girls (2004)

"Hi. I'm Elle Woods and this is Bruiser Woods. We're both Gemini vegetarians." - Elle Woods from Legally Blonde (2001).

What are some of your favorites?!

-Blondie

1 comment:

  1. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.- Princess Bride (only the best movie ever made, EVER!)

    ReplyDelete