Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just a splash of OJ for color

I LOVE mimosas. They are by far my favorite Sunday beverage. I have tried my share of champagnes and juice combinations and have found many that I like (and a few that I did not like... sorry Barefoot Bubbly). Here is my recommendation for building the best mimosa:

INGREDIENTS:

Ballatore Gran Spumante Champagne
This lovely bubbly sparkling wine beverage is sweet, fruity and very affordable at only $10 a bottle. It's made from Muscat grapes grown around Asti, a town in Italy. It's also low in alcohol which is nice since it is a Sunday beverage afterall. I'm not the only one who likes this-- my friends like it too AND it won a Double Gold Medal at the 2005 California State Fair Wine Competition. I'll drink to that!

Tropicana Pure Valencia Orange Juice
This 100% orange juice is crafted from the top 3% of Tropicana’s Florida orange harvest and contains only the juice from select Valencia oranges. Valencia oranges are known for their deep, rich orange color and great taste. Just like the commercials say, Valencia oranges spend more than a year ripening on the tree. The deep orange color also gives the mimosa a pretty color!

DIRECTIONS:
Mix champagne and orange juice in a large pitcher. Keep chilled and pour into champagne flutes to serve. If you're entertaining (or just feeling like being fancy) add some fresh raspberries for color -- you just need 1 or 2 per glass.

I hope you have an opportunity to try this combination and I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you have any other great recommendations!

Cheers!
-Blondie

2 comments:

  1. You know, I purchased two bottles of champagne this past weekend and have yet to crack open either ... crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the raspberries idea...yum! And valencia oranges just sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete