Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blonde or Blond?

I am SO blond right now. I got new highlights after work today and they look fab-u-lous! I'm not gonna lie, I had to AP Style whether to put "blonde" or "blond" on my Facebook update. Turns out that "blond" is a noun for a male and also whenever it's used as an adjective while "blonde" is a noun for a lady. Who knew?!?

I always get nervous when I sit down in the chair at the salon b/c my stylist is a 50's-inpired gothic type with a bad red dye job (she'd look much better as a blonde)... but she consistently provides me with root-free happiness so I keep coming back for more. I've been coloring my hair since I was sixteen, and I don't plan on ever going back to the "dark side" ...

After my appt it was pretty late so I skimped on dinner and just made some quick pork chops and some cheese tortellini with melted margarine and fresh grated parmesan cheese. Yesterday I made game hens (those litttle ones that each just serve one person) and fingerling potatoes, carrots and pearl onions. SO GOOD. I dream of the day when all I have to worry about is what to make for dinnner, and what wine to serve alongside it. Today I chose Beringer Pinot Grigio-- only $8.99. It's crisp and slightly tart with fruity notes.

1 comment:

  1. This post pretty much sums my obsession with you, Blondie! I didn't know about the male-being-blond thing. How intelligent of you to share with us.

    I had to read the part about "quick pork chops and cheese tortellini" twice. You call that quick? I stopped at McDonalads after I got my nails done. Now that is efficient, my friend.

    ReplyDelete